Message from David Horn
Effective June 1, 2021 Last Updated June 1, 2021
the types of information we collect through our Services
how we use and protect that information
the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
details regarding our use of third-party cookies and other tracking technologies We also include specific disclosures for residents of California.
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-David websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
Information We Collect Information you give us
Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
Contact and demographic information when completing forms or registering to use our Services.
Email address information when subscribing to our email newsletters.
Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
Information you provide when you participate in a contest or sweepstakes that we offer.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
• Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
• Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
• Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
• Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. David relies on partners to provide many features of our sites and Services using data about your use of David and other sites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
Information Collected from Third Parties
We may collect information about you if another person provides it to us when signing up for an event, an email newsletter, or another part of the Services. We also collect some information about statements regarding our Services made by consumers on publicly accessible websites.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
• To provide you with our products and services, including to take steps to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, and send service communications.
Create custom audiences on social media sites.
To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including by understanding our customer base and purchasing trends and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
• To understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
• To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements.
While we use precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Your Information
• Service Providers: We engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf such professional services consultants; providers of analytics services; security vendors; and IT vendors.
• Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms they place on your device. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and the controls they make available to you.
• Companies involved in advertising: We partner with companies that assist us in advertising about our Services to others who may be interested in the Services. These companies may use information from the Services and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads.
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Sharing of Aggregated Data
We may share aggregated or de-identified data at our discretion, including with marketing agencies, media agencies and analytics providers. These other companies will not be able to relate this data to identifiable individuals.
Combination of Information
We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records.
Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization
We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any contribution, merger, acquisition, sale of all of some assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction (“Corporate Transaction”). We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Cross-border Transfer of Data
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and/or other countries. The laws in the U.S. or such other jurisdiction regarding information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
Our Practices Regarding Information Belonging to Children
The Services are intended for users age thirteen and older. David does not knowingly collect information from children. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 13, we will delete that information. Please let us know if you discover it too, and we will delete it at your request.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at the email address or contact form provided and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Your California Privacy Rights
Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at at the email address or contact form provided.
California Shine the Light
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information from David regarding other companies to whom the company has disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for those companies’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email at the email address or contact form provided.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” as “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. This notice should be provided at or before the time of collection. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
• Personal Identifiers:
o We collect your name, phone number, and email address and contact address when you provide it. We use this information to provide the Services, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you.
o We collect your social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Services through social media.
o We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a first-party cookie, automatically when you use our Services in order to identify you, provide the Services, keep you logged in to the Services, prevent fraud, and provide you with targeted information and offers.
o We do not collect your Social Security number, Driver’s License number, or Passport number. o We do not collect any medical information or health information about you.
o We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
o We do not collect your Device ID automatically when you use our services.
• Protected Classifications: We may verify your age in order to comply with laws that restrict collection and disclosure of personal information belonging to minors. We use this information to measure the appeal and effectiveness of our Services with members of particular groups, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements and offers.
• Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our Services and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements and offers.
• Biometric Information: We do not collect information about your physiological, biological, or behavioral characteristics.
• Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information about your browsing history, search history, and interactions with websites, and/or applications automatically when you utilize our Services. We use this information to gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities. We do not collect information about your information regarding your interaction with advertisements automatically when you utilize our Services.
• Geolocation Data: As described above, we collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We may be able to determine your general location based on the IP address. We do not collect your precise location (e.g., your GPS coordinates).
• Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: We collect and store any pictures of yourself that you choose to upload to the Services.
• Professional or employment-related information: We do not collect information about your current employer or your employment history.
• Education information: We do not collect any information about the institutions you have attended or the level of education you have attained.
• We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
We will not sell any information to third parties (for the avoidance of doubt, except in connection with any of the aforementioned Corporate Transactions).
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we delete Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the email address or contact form provided.
In order to process your request to know/access or delete Personal Information we collect, disclose, or sell, we must verify your request. We do this by asking you to:
• provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously; and
• confirm your request using the email or telephone account stated in the request. Authorized Agent
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We require that you and the individual complete affidavits in order to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Parents of minor children may submit a birth of the child certificate in lieu of an affidavit, in order to make requests on the child’s behalf. Please contact us at the email address or contact form provided.
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes here, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes regarding any information previously and thereafter provided.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at the email address or contact form provided.